Free Local Delivery above SGD$100 purchase; Delivery takes ~3-5 working days :)
This is a lesson designed for total beginners with no previous knowledge in knitting or crocheting and wants to see what the difference between knitting and crocheting. It is a small taster session to understand the differences.
Basic techniques for both knitting and crocheting will be demonstrate and covered in this lesson. As this is a 1.5 hour session, in 45 minutes, we will switch the techniques. If you need in-depth explaination of each individual techniques, please refer here.
Knitting and crocheting are different techniques for stitching yarns together. Each is suitable for certain projects or situations. Having knowledge of both will give the new needle-crafter a more complete and firm understanding of needlecraft in general.
Please note crocheting only for right-handed students only.
- The different yarn weights and types
- The tools used
- How to hold the crochet hook and knitting needles with yarn
- Terms used in knit and crochet
- The basic crochet and knit stitches
- How to end a needlecraft work
You will bring home:
• 1 new crochet hook
• 1 pair of knitting needles
• 2 skeins of yarn (50g each) OR/ 1 pc 100g yarn
• the sample piece crocheted and knitted piece by you
1. This lesson is suitable for right-handed students. If you are left-handed, you will have to work with your right hand in this lesson.
2. We only accept students 10 years and older.
3. Knitting and crocheting will each take up half of the lesson.
4. Booking this lesson constitutes an understanding and acceptance of the Booking and Cancellation Policy.